Sunday, June 22, 2008

A case of it not happening

We didn't get to beautiful Sandy Beach this week to help celebrate R's 50th birthday. My four day reunion long weekend in Sydney with my art teacher pals, Tania and Jane, didn't come off either. Jane became quite sick and voted wisely to stay in Brisbane to recover.

To compensate Rob & I indulged ourselves yesterday with a long visit to the beautiful Great Sandy Desert land claim exhibition at the National Museum and then to the movies: Unfinished Sky. We loved this intriguing and thoughtful film, making us curious about the Dutch made Polish Wife film on which it was based. Evil and good men in an ominous landscape: it made me wonder how they made a Dutch landscape look ominous....neat patchwork fields, lots of tulips and windmills....hmmmm.

We got some quality time in with Miss Ella today. She did a post mortem on my handbag and then helped us set out the markers for the paved path we are planning for J&J & Miss E's backyard. She was 13 months old yesterday and it was our winter solstice today. Great weather for wearing your favourite beanie.






2 comments:

davey said...

That first photo could almost be a young Josh..? But then I think I'm seeing Pettifords in the clouds now.

Will try to track down that movie Judy. Since taking Cath to see to see the wonderful 'Caramel' on some free tickets won via Timeout, we've been turning our backs a bit on the Hollywood. Although a subtitled movie set to the backdrop of a Lebanon beauty salon is typically not what Cath would think to go and see, she absolutely loved it (as did I) and only wants to see movies like that from now on.

I may have inadvertently created a world movie monster.

davey said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramel_(film)