Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

Our breakfast today celebrated the many mothers in our Canberra family: Jody (VERY soon to be), Claire, Maxie, Jude, Granny K. Our thoughts were with Ros at Emerald Beach and Bobbie in Brisbane via phone calls today.

Joel needs to know that bacon and eggs are off the menu at our family breakfasts now - we've discovered frittata, but still accompanied by chippolatas and all the other trimmings (fresh fruit, croissants, Rob's pancakes & maple syrup).

I am very excited by finally being able to blog, shop on ebay (first time user this month) use Shutterfly for printing my images taken by my beautiful Canon 30D SLR camera AND create movies captured with my new Canon MVX430 movie camera. I made all the family sit and watch my first movie this morning- Our Bali trip, April 2007.

There were a lot of "paying out " comments as you would expect from my family; it is after all a fairly cheesy exercise creating a movie from your travel clips. However I did notice that Oliver was pretty enthralled. The fact that he is never allowed to watch television much probably made him extra keen to catch up on time in front of the "idiot box", even if he was only watching my cheesy 12 minute movie.

The boys had some fun playing with the "antique" Javanese puppets we brought back from our shopping expedition in Denpasar. I loved these photos; hope you do too.

Thank you for the responses, comments from last week's post. This is so much fun I am going to try to update every week. This should be a BIG week as we all think Ella should definitely be arriving some day soon. She is a very eagerly awaited baby girl!


No comments: